Wednesday 25 January 2012

textual analysis research

The genre of my film is a gangster biopic it includes a drug dealing scene where he may lay himself in a load of trouble because of the other gangs in the area known as the (hood) this shows the life a thug lives. I chose to do this because I have been inspired by the following films Notorious, Scarface and Godfather, my main focus was Notorious because it is similar to the film that I am producing all the contextual analysis from these films are related to my film.Click on the Notorious link below

http://youtu.be/XGAkf9WGrMk

Scarface- I like how they introduce a key character straight away (Scarface) you get the storyline straight away. As he is investigated by the police his actions and being interrogated by the police for his actions showing that he is a typical gangster. You can figure out throughout the scene or watching the film that this is a criminal dramatic thriller.









http://youtu.be/kZgE_sUrXFY

godfather- In the Godfather scene I like the low key lighting as its effective to the atmosphere the dark colours with dim lights connoting there is a serious atmosphere. There is a tracking shot which seems effective when the Godfather walks to the gentlemen  asking what he would want if he grants the gentlemen this favour. There is a close up shots are effective of Don Corleone(godfather)showing that he is a man of authority and when there is a close up of the gentlemen it looks like he is a domineer of the Godfather. This is all effective I will use different from the three clips I had analysed and use them effectively in my opening scene.




http://youtu.be/BdjRoYxUO5k

No comments:

Post a Comment